I am a security analyst with professional experience in cybersecurity, network administration and software engineering. I enable organizations secure their digital assets and have vast experience leveraging open source tools such as OSSIM to secure organizations’ networks as well as developing solutions to improve livelihoods in Africa. I am currently interested in studying user security behavior in marginalized groups to improve security design. Also keen on blockchain for social impact.
2020 - 2025
The George Washington University
Ph.D in Computer Science.
2017 - 2019
Carnegie Mellon University
Masters of Science in Information Technology.
2012 - 2016
Bachelor of Business Information Technology.
2014 - 2016
- Deans List, Strathmore University.
2020 - 2021
- Graduate Fellowship, The George Washington University.
Security Consultant, Silensec
- Monitoring security events received from security tools.
- Revising alerts escalated by clients and triaging incoming issues.
- Prioritizing events and determination of their associated risk.
Aug 2018 - Aug 2019
Graduate Teaching Assistant, Carnegie Mellon University
- Providing in-class support for Seminar and Linux Programming courses.
- Supporting and helping students complete assignments.
- Grading and providing feedback to students.
May 2018 - Aug 2018
Software Engineer, TeleTracking Technologies
- Researched challenges and solutions to the healthcare in Rwanda.
- Developed a scheduling application to improve patient flow in Rwanda.
Nov 2016 - Apr 2017
Technical Sales Representative, Triple S Solutions
- Designed bio-metric security solutions for both new and existing customers.
- Offered technical customer support to customers.
Mar 2015 - Jun 2015
Network Engineer, Kenya Web Limited
- Fixed network connectivity problems for over 50 customers.
- Set up new wireless networks for customers.
- Revamped faulty computers in the technical department.
Last updated: August 2020